Friday, October 10, 2008

The Diet Theory

I know anytime I've ever tried to restrict what I eat, I do much better overall if I pick a day where I totally blow the "diet". The same principle applies to your travel food budget. The lesson here is: splurge sometimes so you don't slip up the rest of the time. Stay in that nice hotel...for one night. Eat at that expensive seafood restaurant...one night a month (or whatever you feel comfortable with.) Traveling on a budget is about being frugal, but at the same time, it doesn't mean you have to be cheap or deprive yourself. After all, it is a vacation and an experience of a lifetime. Splurge occasionally and don't feel bad - it will inspire you to stay on track with your budget. 


"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart." -Helen Keller

No comments: