Friday, October 3, 2008

If You Can't Stand the Heat, Get Out of the Restaurant

You can save hundreds of euros (500 or more) each month in Europe by cooking your own meals. This tip in itself is one of the keys to pulling off frequent or long term travel. Personally, I  didn't realize how much I could save by doing this until we did it at home for one month before we left on one of our trips. We saved over $600 USD that month! 

From that moment on, I knew cooking our own meals was the way to go. Never for one second did I feel like I was depriving myself or my family. My husband is an exceptional cook and can whip up a delicious meal with minimal materials. It's also healthier when he cooks, so it really is a win-win situation. 

Since it seems like a lot of people have trouble thinking of affordable recipes or ideas for quick meals, I will be releasing a free e-book that contains some of the delicious, cheap meals my family makes while on-the-go. None of the recipes require much skill and they are a breeze to prepare. Even my 5 year old can do some of them! Be on the lookout for the e-book so you can have plenty of recipes for your family's adventures. 


"To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries." -Aldous Huxley


No comments: